Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day Two...

So...I've completed two of the workouts for my first week of P90X. Collectively, I've spent about two hours jogging, jumping, rolling, squatting, and kicking all over my garage.

The first workout I did was called Core Synergistics. It is about an hour long including warm up and cool down and focuses on your core muscles, abs, back, etc. All in all it wasn't too bad. The biggest problem I had was with the push ups as I am not strong at all with my upper body. There was a lot of abdominal work which wasn't so bad, and quite a bit of lunges as well. I made it through ok and am mildly sore (but I must admit, knowing that I had 5 more days of workouts this week, I didn't really try as hard as I could to keep up with all the different types of push ups.)

Today was Cardio X which is about an hour as well, and is designed to just burn calories. This DVD is basically snip-its of the other cardio CD's in the program. At first I thought it was going to be a cake walk, because we did a 5 minute warm up and then some yoga poses, which were mildly challenging.

But then we started with the Plyometrics moves...which is a bunch of jumping and squatting....that got my heart racing in about a minute. I muddled through the plyo moves, and just when I thought we were moving on to something else, Tony (the host) says..."One more time through the plyo moves!" so I had to do it ALL OVER AGAIN. It was a bit challenging!

So after plyo, it was on to Kenpo, which is basically kick boxing. This kept up my heart rate but I didn't find it too hard....just trying to be coordinated to do all the punch moves was tough for me. Jab, cross, hook, uppercut! I think if I hadn't been taking kick boxing once a week over the last two months at the gym, it would have seemed alot harder because it was definitely a good workout.

Then onto the CORE section...basically repeating alot of the moves I did yesterday...which was tough because it was pushing all my sorest muscles.

So...two days down.....88 to go? Ugh...that sounds so bad, doesn't it. Maybe I should think of this as a lifestyle change? Or is that worse? I'm not sure!

I went to Costco and loaded up on all sort of good protein foods...chicken, salmon, shrimp etc..since Scott and I are doing the diet as well. I have a feeling this will be a bigger challenge for me...after all, there was no wine listed on my food guide!!!! Aghhhhhhhhh.....and you know I love my pasta and rice....

On a separate note, I was up early this morning and I happened downstairs to catch Scott's workout (his workout today was Plyometrics) and all I can say is that I am glad that DVD is not in my rotation! (Scott is doing the classic version, and I am doing the lean version so some of our workouts are different) I got a good chuckle at Scott hopping around the garage swearing at the host....I'll have to sneak a video for you all...shhhhhh. I tease but I do have to say it is nice doing this workout "together". We are both on the same page with our diet and we can laugh (much later, after we catch our breath) at the torture we are going through. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Mom et al said...

Hey there! Sorry I'm a little behind catching up w/ your new blog. I'm so excited for you that you have Scott as partner in this new challenge. That's going to really go a long way for you! I'm proud of you for taking on this big new step! I saw you talking about a food guide. Is that specific to the workout regimend and are you no longer doing the Weight Watchers? BTW- 24.6 lbs down at Tuesday's weigh in. 7.4 lbs to go til my designated goal weight! GO US!!! Can't wait to see you this Xmas. We'll need to take a skinny girl picture!